Wednesday 22 February 2012

DRESSES


I feel there's been quite a lot posting about clothes here lately.
Maybe because I feel I haven't lately done much more than get dressed and go to work. Obviously, that's what most people do; get dressed and go to work, at least the getting dressed part. Don't know too many who'd leave home naked. Of course that' not what I was at; but the thing is there has been an awful lot of work lately, and also; dressing has become a subject of it's own due to my changing body. However, the work I was referring to here motsly is the one that also includes undressing, as well as meters of pearl strings and fully grown men in rabbit suits. In other words, burlesque. There was a lot of work involved regarding the just gone by burlesque festival, and also a lot of dressing up!

Apart from my stage costume I also made myself some dresses:

This pile of fabric turned into - oh wait, wrong focus -


...so, a new try: this here,


first turned into this,


(...I really thank myself I got me that mannequin!...)


that became this!
Jessica Rabbit goes preggers. Or something like that.


And this one here


turned into...


...this!
(The headpiece by Tiisin' Design is part of our routine's costume.)

I made them both adjustable or big enough to fit me a month from now still when I'll be going to Milan (yes, to perform still; one of my very last shows before taking a break).

(One another note related to dressing I can say that tucking your hair into a wig for the whole weekend is so comfy - you're done in seconds and no risk the weather outside will ruin your curls. Ah!)

20 comments:

ramonies said...

Oh my! I don't know what to say... I'm speechless. You look sooo gorgeous in red dress! Wow! Second outfit is veeery nice too!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

What gorgeous dresses!

I'd love to try wearing a wig. You do this with style :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

LOL at the wrong focus!

A) I didn't really know you could sew.

B) I cannot believe you are very pregnant andstill look SO HOT AND SEXY! Whoo!

This is why you have so many followers, you are so awesome and so inspiring (and pretty cool, too).

x

Malayka said...

Amazing! I envy your talent for sewing. Are you still doing shows?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop : yes, I used to do A LOT of sewing before.But nowadays I seldom have the time. But if you check the clothes by me-label you'll see some older posts with my stuff.

Dashfield Vintage : yes - otherwise there'd be no talk about stage outfits :) I'm not doing that much though. No solos, can't fit the clothes... But still up for Milan in a months time!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

And, PS. I don't use patterns so the clothes do not always look that good on the inside, although they may look nice on me. Nowadays I rather rely on my professional friends :D But the doll really helps in some ways, easier to get started!

Fifties Darling said...

You look amazing, it's very pleasant to see your apearance is still a priority too you. I know quite a few women who tend to let it all go once they're pregnant :(

And the cat is adorable; mine álways does that... standing in front of your shot an lying on top of my new clothes.

Susannakaarina said...

Ihania <3 Wau!

Kelly said...

The sparkly pink/red one is wonderful! I wish I could make my own clothes, although, I probably could if I didn't have to work... and I had a mannequin such as this. Mostly just a matter of time with these things I guess :)

Maja said...

oh wow the red dress is amazing! Beautiful as always!

Frollein von Sofa said...

you are truly amazing !! for me, you are the coolest mummy-to-be ever....that red dress rocks !!

Frollein von Sofa said...

I have just found that one on the internet :

Baby, your just as hot as the bottom of my laptop !

Marianne said...

Taitavaa ja inspiroivaa! :O

Laurel said...

Wow. And those wigs look great. Where do you get them?

FairyFiligree said...

Love the second dress best - am quite impressed that you are still performing, bump and all. How do you manage that?

Ylva said...

Du ser fantastisk ut! Både till vardags o fest!och som jag sagt tidigare du är en sån inspiration o din blogg håller i längden. och är ju hot mama upphöjd till 1000! Mest låg jag o kolla Twin Peaks o åt choklad sista tiden. Burlesquefestivalen var ju grym men tyvärr var jag bara där på lördagen men gott så! Taket lyfte ju när Satans Angel gjorde enté vilken kvinna! Milan burlesque verkar rolig! Ni är bäst.
Var har du hittat tyget till din tunika på bilden - supersnyggt o gillar 20 tals stilen. XXX

Natalia L. said...

The second one is just so beautiful!
And girl, how do you manage to look so fantastic all the time?!

Girls that glitter love the dark
xoxo

Martha said...

Gorgeous! They are both fantastic dresses! Inspires me to make some myself! <3

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You look like Scarlett Johansson, but better and gone rogue. :) xxx from Holland

Helga said...

LOVE these new creations!
And clearly the new creation you and Eddi have made is agreeing with you,you really are glowing!:)