Saturday 11 May 2013

LONG TIME NO SEE

 

Even though most of my dresses hang right in front of me to see every day I still forget some of them are there, or, rather; that they actually are wearable. I thought I was tired of this dress and thus haven't worn it for  many many years -  but what the hell it's actually pretty damn nice (I was in love with the thought of it for almost a year before buying) and it is a rather every day-day dress; made of light but still sturdy cotton.


It has a slip in the same color to wear underneath butI think it's more fun to wear it with something contrasting, or matching instead.  Sot this here is kind of a two-in-one not only when it comes to layering dresses but also to remembering; the turquoise green vintage dress underneath had been hiding in the closet for a long time too  - I got it and wore it during my late pregnancy. (But it's not a maternity dress really. It's a very comfy one so it will get to come out some more and play too) . First I thought of leaving it unbuttoned in the front not to show  but when buttoned it adds this strange extra detail to the neck lining which I actually like.


I was wearing these heels when Elvis walked me down the aisle in Vegas almost two years ago. I don't think I've worn them after my trip so they too do deserve to come out and enjoy the sun a little bit now!

5 comments:

Partywear saree said...

I love your blog, you should add an RSS feed feature so I can get automatic notifications of new blogs. If you set one up please email me! i will bookmark you for now. Again Excellent Blog!

(Retro) Sonja said...

Gorgeous dress! I love how your overall appearance looks so vintagy amazing!

XX Red Sonja

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous, it's the perfect cut on you xx

Ms. Falcon said...

this outfit is adorable. the dress and (under-)dress look gorgeous mixed togehter: the perfect couple.

Unknown said...

gooood.....
fashion designing