Tuesday 24 May 2016

FOUR THINGS A WHILE AGO : ALL THE FLOWERS OF MAY


I'm back home, after being here and there and away for about half of the month!

And it is warm and lovely and summery (which is something you will see me comment every time it occurs. Because I do live in Finland you know.)

I had a day of no-makeup and wear whatever is the nearest and comfiest (in this case my "Moomin dress") and hang out in the garden and even attended it a little - first time this year, and it looks thereafter.

We picked greens for dinner with Dag - Ground elder to sautée, dandelion leaves for salad and the flowers and buds (of which you can make "capers" too I've heard) to fry in butter and garlic.
 (Well pretty much everything tastes good with butter and garlic, right?)

I also drank some flowers. (Or well, hot water that they had soaked in...)
This is rosebud tea that Eddi brought home from Teheran. He was there a few weeks ago for work. (My father happened to be there the same time, working with same-same-but-different things, and he told me my blog would not open up there on the web.  As a little interesting side note.)

And the appletrees are blooming here now; and I am happy I managed not to miss it, as it still is only such a short time that it stays like this.

The appletree is full of the sound of a soft warm wind and the sound of hundreds of bees buzzing about. For the moment it makes me think that that is like the sound of life.
And on many levels it is, because bees are important you know.


5 comments:

embroidery digitizing services said...

love the post.great

AngelMStyle2 said...

Awesome Fashion blog, Get more details About the Best Blogger in India click on link,
http://www.angelmstyle.com/

Deb said...

A day in the garden is always a happy thing.

Unknown said...

In today's life fashion is everything for all people. The Blog is very well written by the author. I am really appreciate the work of the author. Nice Job. You can also read my blogs which is about fashion jewelry, visit My Blog Page .

Radostin said...

Love your pictures, as always. Picking greens for supper is the best, and that rose tea is just so beautiful. When you mention the places your husband travels, I am always very curious as to what he does there?