Friday 12 February 2010

A 40 MIN LESSON IN FINNISH - AND BURLESQUE

(Long manicured nails and workwear don't go well together. Practically, that is.)

I talk about the contrast between burlesque and the harbour, among other stuff ( I babble on a lot, jeez!), in a documentary about the Finnish burlesque scene. It was shot over a year ago, but aired on TV4 this week. You can catch us backstage as well as members of Helsinki Burlesque / Hula Pirates crafting together, reflecting over burlesque in all its forms, as well as clips from acts in Helsinki and NY. (It's all in Finnish though so why not take it as a lesson in Finnish as well :)

View it here:
http://www.ruutu.fi/video?vt=video_episode&vid=202846

I'm not one hundred percent about weather it can be viewed from abroad so you might have to try it trough a proxy then.

14 comments:

Dave Feucht said...

It does not work outside of Finland :( Sad.

stephanie said...

This comment doesn't have anything to do with your post. I just saw this nice stop'n'motion video and thought you might like it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKWdSCt4jGE&feature=fvhr

Kisses from Brazil!

Cherrydots said...

Mielenkiintoinen dokumentti! Ja hauska nähdä sinut myös äänen kanssa :)

Madeline Veenstra said...

I love the nails :)

Elizabeth said...

this is very unfortunate. The link is limited to Finland.

Ruby Chew said...

interesting with white moons at the base! x

Oola said...

Kauniit kynnet ja kiva dokkari! :) Rispekt!

Rhia said...

I saw that documentary and i didn't recognise you without makeup =) anyway love that nailpolish. Keep meaning to try that myself but haven't had the chance yet.

www.janetteria.com said...

WOW! Great nail polishes!

♥The newest giveaway by Gemma ends tomorrow.♥

Hurry up!

Lacey said...

Sadness! I'll just have to move to Finland. Then I'll be able to 1. see the movie bit and 2. be more inclined to learn Finnish.

esme and the laneway said...

Hopefully I'll be able to watch the video today, if it works in Aus!

* the magazine is at

http://www.burlesquemag.com/

and you are in Issue 1, p12. I couldn't believe it when I saw you, small world! :D

All Women Stalker said...

Loving the nails... did you do that yourself?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Documentary - yes I kind of figured it couldn't be watched abroad. I get that on national TV but one'd think the commercial channels woldn't mind, eh, I guess. As said you could watch it trough a Finnish proxy but then again I'm not too familiar with those..

Nails - yes they're self painted but the nails are these brush on gel nails. Will never be using them again though, they're supposed to stay on until cut off but uh-oh, does not work like that :/

Stephanie : That was funny!

Anonymous said...

Oli aika jännää nähdä sinut tuossa dokkarissa. Oon lukenut jo jonkin aikaa tätä blogia ja olitkin ihan erilainen mitä ajattelin :D Mutta olit tosi sievä, reipas ja puhuit asiaa ;)